FatFractal customer forums

Author Topic: FFUser and Additional Fields  (Read 2041 times)

rick@rickaustin.net

• View Profile
FFUser and Additional Fields
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:08:02 PM »
Is it possible to add fields to the standard FFUser collection or is it recommended that we create a table for additional user attributes that we tie to the users guid?

I want to save address information and probably other attributes and just want to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly.

MIE

• View Profile
Re: FFUser and Additional Fields
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 09:46:01 AM »
I was about to post the exact same question.
It's possible to define a schema in the application.ffdl, i.e. I want to add the customName to the scheme:
Code: [Select]
CREATE OBJECTTYPE FFUser (userName STRING, firstName STRING, lastName STRING, email STRING, active BOOLEAN, authDomain STRING, customName String, scriptAuthService STRING, groups GRABBAG /FFUserGroup, notif_ids GRABBAG /FFNotificationID)
And you can also edit this field in the object-browser remotely, but when logging in through IOS and when FatFractal is parsing the resulting FFUser JSON to an FFUser object, it throws a:
Code: [Select]
objectFromDictionary: FFUser does not have key customNameThe object parses fine but the extra parameter is omitted. Since there is only a FFUser.h included, I can't go into the code to add it myself.

How should this be done?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:18:44 AM by developer@miegoapps.com »

gkc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »
Hey guys,

This blog post has exactly what you're looking for I think: http://fatfractal.com/prod/fyi-user-management-part-i/

Cheers

- Gary

MIE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
Yep, that's it.
Perfect, thanks

rick@rickaustin.net

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »