FatFractal customer forums

Author Topic: ObjectType with REFERENCE cannot be within another ObjectType  (Read 1584 times)

Eric

• View Profile
It has been a little while since I worked on my FatFractal project, and I'm coming back to it to do some troubleshooting.  I've run into two problems since running "ffef update" (or at least, I assume that is the cause):

• My local server wouldn't start.  After googling on the exception that was thrown, I tracked the problem to having two elasticsearch jars in the lib folder: 0.20.5 and 1.0.1.  I deleted 0.20.5 and it moved on to my next problem, but I mention it here FYI.
  • I'm getting this error: "ObjectType with REFERENCE, GRABBAG or BYTEARRAY members cannot be contained within another ObjectType".  It was working happily before ... did something change to break backward compatibility?  Here are (what I believe are) the relevant lines from my application.ffdl:
Code: [Select]
CREATE OBJECTTYPE OrderedOption (option REFERENCE /Options, value UNVALIDATED)
CREATE OBJECTTYPE OrderedProduct (product REFERENCE /Products, quantity NUMERIC, options OrderedOption[])

gkc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ObjectType with REFERENCE cannot be within another ObjectType
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »
Hi Eric,

The reason for this is that objects which contain other objects which have REFERENCE, BYTEARRAY or GRABBAG members is not fully supported (for example in graph traversal etc)

Currently in the cloud service this will log an ERROR but allow you to continue, but in the desktop distribution it refuses to deploy

I will amend so that the desktop distribution behaves the same way. Will release tomorrow (Monday) night

With regards to the 0.20.5 - not sure how that happened ... the "ffef update" command completely removes the old lib directory when it executes. Did you update your runtime in some other way?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:18:22 AM »
Thank you.  That will help me.

I did mess around with an update by downloading/extracting a .zip once.  I thought I ran it since then, but maybe not.  Sorry for the false alarm.

gkc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »
Eric - new desktop distribution available here: https://system.fatfractal.com/repo/artifact/Releases/R1.4.RC5/FF_RUNTIME_R1.4.RC5_R2762.zip

NOTE: Please always check here for latest releases : http://fatfractal.com/downloads
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:20:14 AM by gkc »

Copyright © FatFractal customer forums